Monday, January 9, 2017

TTC Baby 5: Holla! Hashimoto's in the House!

On Saturday I was telling friends at dinner some fave things doctors have told me about my body, like "You are overweight because you eat too much, you don't see fat people in concentration camps" and "oh no you don't have PCOS, plenty of us are just carrying some extra around your middle" *sticks out male non-PCOS belly* ... and I totally have PCOS by the way... like my PCOS has PCOS... all the PCOS.

Eventually you start to think maybe you are crazy when you are told you are fine but you for sure don't feel like you are fine. That's why I'm SO grateful for practitioners who take the time to figure out what is wrong until not only labs look good, but the person feels good. I know that's what Laura Paris at Paris Healing Arts is doing... AND I love that she makes awesome spreadsheets to help me understand my labs. Check this out!

My progesterone isn't even right there, it's actually 0.1, which absolutely could contribute to a pregnancy loss if I wasn't doing all this preconception work. I cannot recommend seeing Laura Paris before conceiving enough, or someone in the functional medicine field. I had 2 doctors tell me this year that I didn't have Hashimoto's. On what that is: "Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease, a disorder in which the immune system turns against the body's own tissues. In people with Hashimoto's, the immune system attacks the thyroid." So, Laura ordered a lot more testing, they took all my blood, and found some interesting stuff. I have more tests ahead, but I feel really good about not having a doctor just shrugging their shoulders being like "yeah you are just fat, kbye."

I'm working on a huge post compiling the evidence on gender swaying still... just wanted to share this and encourage anyone thinking of getting pregnant who doesn't keep totally healthy, to get checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment