Monday, November 10, 2014

Baby 4 Week 34: Crying to Journey in the Grocery Store




Week 34

I'm now actually 34 weeks and 4 days, and my last post was at 32 weeks and 6 days, so quite a lot of time has passed because of this Texas/Disneyland trip.

My biggest concerns about Texas were not being able to work out and not being able to eat my normal food. Eating out with gestational diabetes is a challenge when it happens occasionally... doing it for 9 days was daunting. We did stay in a hotel with a gym... it was a very creepy gym in a huge half renovated room with some halls taped off, the perfect setting for a horror film... but still a gym and I used it.

I gave eating healthy a mild effort. I refused to pay for breakfast when it was free (and delicious) in the hotel, but that meant my choices were cereal, (amazing) waffles, bagels, pastries, or oatmeal. My normal breakfast is one egg and 1 piece of whole wheat toast... literally every day of this pregnancy. I tested out what a waffle would do to my blood sugar and amazingly... it was fine! A burger and half an order of fries... totally ok. So I actually felt pretty comfortable eating what I wanted and just trying to stay very active and drink tons of water... and avoid fast food. I ate a lot of salads too... with streak on top... but still. I hoped to not gain more than 3 pounds on the trip.

Ha.

I gained three times that. It was a little of a shock, but I have also probably been so strict at home that I've prevented myself from gaining the weight my body really wanted to gain. I also knew I was probably retaining water. My feet and legs were swelling for the first time...


Since getting home I have actually lost three of those nine pounds gained in not even three days. My feet and legs are back to normal, and I'm over all not really worried... I think everything will even out.

I'm really tired. Hence the zero make-up or hair effort in this week's picture. I scheduled zero things for the weekend, and mostly rested and slept. Here is an Indy reenactment of Mommy's weekend:


Only on my left side, because I can use all the help I can get to reduce swelling.

Yesterday I had an exhausting, emotional morning over stuff that I don't really want to get into. I got all the sleeping in that I could then headed to the grocery store on my own for what was either my first or second most pathetic grocery store experience... because there was that one time this happened. I had just finished getting what we needed and I just started crying. It was so pathetic. No one noticed, I pulled my shit together and headed to the checkout... but then while waiting in line I realized Journey was playing... and I started to lose it again because maybe I HAD stopped believing... and then another part of me wanted to laugh because what the fuck is happening to me right now???

That's it... I went home to hide my shame.

Let's end on a high note and pretend all that never happened.



What this week was like with my other pregnancies:
             Milo, Week 34: We are Stubborn, Nesting Blows
             Ash, Week 34: Pregnant Women Should Come with Warnings
             Indy,  Week 34: Birth Butterflies

- Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment