Thursday, October 30, 2014

Baby 4 Week 33: Hypnobirthing




Week 33

This week was spent prepping for our trip to Texas. We ate out more than usual because we were so busy, and I did definitely feel that... but I got myself to the gym and and chugged lots of water and I don't think any serious damage was done. This is my favorite pregnant body so far, it's nice to feel strong, though right now I feel pretty sore because I got a little hardcore at the gym yesterday in anticipation of being away from my gym for a week. Boo that.

Eric and I had our first birth class last Wednesday. It might seem weird for someone who teaches birth classes to want to take a birth class... but not all birth classes are just about what physically is happening during labor and different classes can offer different things. I also think it's important for a couple to take time to prepare for each birth, each baby deserves that. So I decided we would take a class.

I reviewed our local options, which are unfortunately pretty slim, and we decided to take a 4 week Hypnobirthing class. I read the book last year and honestly, I really didn't like the book. I don't think it's right or kind to tell women that 90% of them should have a painless labor, or that they don't need to know what physically happens during labor, or that if you don't talk about something it won't happen. However, I decided to email our local HB teacher and find out about the classes and without me telling her what I didn't like about the book, she shared that she didn't teach some of those principles... which is something I have heard from other HB teachers. The first group class is starting next week, while we will be gone, so I asked if she could refer me to another teacher and she offered to meet with us privately for the first class, so that's what we did last week. I am excited to meet the other couples when we get back though... I may teach birth classes, but this is the first one I've ever taken and I'm excited.

Baby had his or her first hiccups last night, right in my hip bone at 4am. It was still cute.

I broke 200lbs, I hate when that happens... but at least it happened a lot later this pregnancy, and no huge rapid gains (like 3 or 4 pounds in a week) which has happened with the others and is usually a sign the my blood sugar isn't great..

Expect the 34 week to be a little late, talk to you guys after Texas!

What this week was like with my other pregnancies:
             Milo, Week 33: Diabetes Drama II, Rolling Stones
             Ash, Week 33: Gateway Drug
             Indy,  Week 33: Then I Died

- Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment