Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baby III Week 41 + 6 Days: Starting This Birth Story


41 Weeks + 6 Days

The cohosh didn't work, obviously.


Sorry this isn't a baby picture, there's a uterus in the way.

I even accidentally took too much. I thought it was 20 drops every hour instead of every other hour. Only took me 4 hours to figure it out. Gave me some good contractions but like every other night, they stopped when I went to sleep.

I had already made the decision that we would go to the hospital tonight so I spent this morning cleaning the house and getting ready. About two hours ago I had a severely painful cramp/contraction that was predominately on my left side. It was so strong it actually made me empty my bladder, not like I lost control out of distraction, it squeezed it out of me. There was a split second where I hoped it was my water breaking, but it wasn't. Disappointment on multiple levels. It radiated to the rest of my uterus... but is was mostly on my left. It freaked me out.

I called Eric, who is working in San Jose, to come home. He went to tell his boss. As he said "I'm going to have to leave" she told him to not to bother telling her, get the fuck outa here and have a baby! Can you tell he's in construction?

All the daycare kids were sleeping so I quickly jumped in the shower since I'd just peed everywhere. I was still getting contractions but mostly on my left.

I've called daycare parents and we are getting the kids ready. We likely wont leave for another couple hours unless something happens. I'm mostly concerned about the fact that these don't feel right, or familiar, and I've had a lot of contractions and different kinds. I'm feeling baby, but a little less than normal.

So this birth story is going to begin with me peeing all over myself. We're off to a great start.


4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm excited for you! I know all will be well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. However this story plays out you've made informed, healthy decisions along the way. I'm sending smooth sailing happy birth day thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! You are a strong birthing woman!

    ReplyDelete