Thursday, January 31, 2013

Baby III Week 39: Puffer Fish

39 Weeks

Just a quick update because I don't want to cut into my nap time, which is what my world has been revolving around this week.

Baby is definitely growing. There's feet and fists all over the place, it kinda freaks Eric out. I think it's super cool until baby decides to stretch out all his or her limbs. That's pretty uncomfortable.

Obviously, I'm kinda growing too. I'm glad I haven't had any huge weight jumps, but I hoped to stop at 40 pounds. I'm somewhere between 41 and 42 pounds gained right now.

My glucose levels have been perfect all week. I did have a bit of a scare last night when my hands and feet started swelling fairly suddenly. After doing a pretty fantastic job of keeping relaxed and hydrated all week I had an upsetting day which will cause glucose levels to rise (part of the fight or flight response) and can cause swelling. This morning my hands and feet were ok but my face was kinda puffy. Basically, you can't upset me right now or I'll blow up like a puffer fish. I've been trying to drink tons of water today and already took 2 little naps and it's only 2pm.

I'm about due for another.


No this is not a moldy pumpkin. It's a glass one because turns out, pumpkins are hard to find in January. Next week is supposed to be a Jack Fruit... I have no clue what that is or where to find one. We think baby is somewhere around 8lbs. It's probably like 9 though...

No comments:

Post a Comment