Thursday, November 29, 2012

Baby III Week 29: No Girl, No Pie.

29 Weeks

I really don't feel a whole lot has changed this week. I'm starting to get that crease at the top of my belly by my ribs when I sit, ok... it's there when I'm not sitting too... does anyone else get that? Let's say you all do so I don't feel alone.

Weirdest thing ever that I've been meaning to mention that I've been forgetting for like... 10 weeks... maybe I did mention it, but just in case I haven't... I always sleep on my side or my stomach, pregnant or not. I never sleep on my back, and if I'm pregnant, I can barely even lay on my back for any amount of time. It hurts. Well for months now I have been turning onto my back in my sleep. I wake up and sometimes I feel nauseated or sore from the pressure. It makes no sense too because my belly is so big, seems like it should be weighing me down, but it keeps bobbing up like a fat dead fish. This has never happened before, it's all very mysterious.

I was worried about my blood sugar and Thanksgiving. I felt a bit of a spike but by the time I tested that evening I was within the range of normal. All my numbers were perfect actually, and I really wasn't exercising that much. I started to get lulled into a false sense of blood sugar security so I went ahead and had white bread and pie at my parents on Sunday. Sugar not secure... I spiked like crazy and I thought I was going to die. I thought I could do pie... turns out... I can't.

I always ask other gestational diabetic moms if they can feel their blood sugar get too high and I never seem to get an answer. I don't know if I come off like "OMG I'm SO healthy that my blood sugar rising nearly sends me to the ER" or if they legitimately handle the sensations of blood converting to syrup better than I do (a Twilight and pancakes joke kinda tried to form and died in my head just now, let's assume it was hilarious). I feel a little jittery, dizzy, nauseous... it's overwhelming and almost panic attack inducing. I want to crawl out of my body. I ended up jogging around the block at 10pm and I eventually felt better. So... no cake on my birthday yesterday! I'm ok with that, who needs cake? My thighs definitely don't.

Didn't gain anything this week, baby was right on in the festive form of an acorn squash! Though... baby feels more like a 20lb turkey.


Happy Thanksgiving Baby!

Baby is about 15 inches and 2 1/2lbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment