Friday, July 6, 2012

Baby III Week 9: Amnesia, Will Smith, & Carbs


Week 9

A big reason I blog my pregnancies is because I forget almost everything about them as soon they end. I do have an excuse, in addition to brain cells losing mass during pregnancy, the hormone oxytocin, which is at it's highest levels during labor, has shown to have amnesiac properties. If someone told me that Will Smith showed up with one of these flashy things after all my births, I would not be surprised. Though that's more of an excuse for not remembering one's labor, but it must apply somewhat to pregnancy because I'm honestly shocked by every new symptom... aaaaand... as I read through the posts in my due date group I see moms of three, four, even more asking "hey, is this normal?" "I dont remember this!" So, if I'm posting seemingly unimportant details, like what I'm eating or my weight gaining/losing patterns, it's not because I think you are all that fascinated, it's because I know I'll want to look back on that information during my next pregnancy.

So... what AM I eating, how am I gaining and how do I feel. I'm eating bland carbs and I feel like this:

I could eat cheerios for three meals a day, and I'm pretty sure I have at least once this week. I'm eating zero vegetables, I have a hard time even watering the vegetables in the garden. I have a bunch of zucchini that really needs to be picked but just smelling them makes me gag. I had to spit out sweet potatoes yesterday and who knows what's rotting in the fridge right now. I know my nutrition was right on with Ash, but I was also sick so I'm not sure what is up. I'm sure part of it may be that I'm less determined because even though I worked so hard during my last pregnancy, I still had gestational diabetes. I know there's a little voice in my head saying "what's the point." Hopefully when the nausea subsides my normal healthy eating habits will return. I haven't really gained, I seem to fluctuate a pound of so, nothing to panic over.

Here are my 9 week pictures! Sure is a cute bump until you consider that is really just bloated intestines due to the digestive system slowing down during pregnancy so you can suck every last bit of nutrients out of you food. But hey, it's still pregnancy related growth so I will take pictures of it. I can't feel my uterus yet, this time last pregnancy it was the size of a small squash according the ultrasound tech, so it should be at least that size now since you are supposed to stretch out quicker with each pregnancy.



Our little grape baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment