Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby II Week 37 & 38: This was fun, we can stop now.

So I just haven't felt like blogging much; honestly, I'm getting to the point where doing anything at all is a huge deal. I'm barely exercising, which hasn't been great for my blood sugar. I've been cooking only a couple times week, Eric is eating a lot of sandwiches. I'm slowly moving into fall apart mode. Emotionally I'm great, but my body is mess. Baby will not get off my sciatic nerve and I spend a lot of time limping and cursing. At 38 weeks exactly I began swelling. Feet, face, hands... I know where this is going and it just gets uglier and uglier. This is when I consider throwing myself a flight of stairs, nothing from this point til birth is flattering or fun. I believe that it is at this point that Eric also considers throwing me down a flight of stairs. Thank God we don't have stairs.

I have now dilated to a 2-3 cm and today I had my membranes stripped. I bet Eric loved the part when the midwife pulled her hand out and spread her fingers to show off all the blood and mucus. If you know what mucus plug looks like, you know how gross this is. This wasn't our regular midwife, and we hope we don't get her on d-day. She is very nice, but she referred to Pitocin as a vitamin and said we can't video tape the birth if she is delivering. Lame. Fortunately if we do induce, we will definitely have our midwife.

So speaking of the induction, if we do it will be on the 28th, which is great because it goes a long with my obsession with 28. Hopefully I go into labor on my own though, I really would love for my water to break all dramatic!

I am having lots of contractions, sometimes they are very regular (15 min apart for 5 hours one day) and intense. I didn't feel them this much last time and they give me hope that I will be able to go into labor on my own, or at least be able to be induced more easily.

We took our maternity/family portraits. We tried and JCPenney's and after they made us wait 45 minutes and then couldn't even get a decent shot of Milo (tip: toddlers don't sit for the camera and smile! What photographer doesn't know this?) so we just left. My wonderful aunt took these, she is so talented. Here are my favorites, sorry there are so many!

I'm 37 weeks and 6 days here. I've gained 30 pounds. No I don't want to talk about it.














1 comment:

  1. You look amazing! I know you don't know me, but I'm friends with Amy Hayes. I follow your blog cause you are hilarious!!!! I hope the little ones comes soon and you have a dramatic water breaking moment :)

    ReplyDelete