Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby II Week 30: Abs of Steel

I'm a day early on this post, but I doubt much will change in the next 24 hours so here you go... 30 week update!

I just have to give a shout out to my uterus. I know most women whine about Braxton-Hicks contractions but I love them. They hurt and all, but I'm proud of my uterus for not just laying around and instead actually working on something. Since 28 weeks I've been having extremely impressive BH contractions daily, more noticeably when I run but definitely something every day. They're much stronger than with Milo, which I suppose is because they've done this before. Hopefully after another 10 weeks of practice my uterus will be a lean mean, baby pushing machine.

Complaints:

BH contractions make me need to pee, like immediately. There's no "I'll just finish shopping then hit the bathroom on the way out." It's now, or we'll be needing a clean-up on isle 9.

My tummy is getting very itchy from all the stretching.

Also, for no clear reason, my nipples are also super itchy and I'm pretty sure they are not stretching, at least I hope now. If having babies means I have to look like one of those African women in National Geographic then I'm quitting now. That is my biggest problem lately though. I still haven't googled the issue, anyone else experience this and like to admit to it?

Last complaint: my wedding ring is beginning to get tight. I don't want to take it off, I hate being without it, but I don't want to have to have firefighters cut it off so I may give in in the next week or so and let my finger breathe again... it has some serious ring muffin top right now.

This month's doctor's appointment went well. I've gained 20 pounds now. I'm now measuring two weeks ahead instead of three. We have another ultrasound on February 2nd to check out my funky placenta. And we have our first midwife appointment next week. All good. Oh and my blood sugar has been great, no problems controlling it so far, though oddly enough cream cheese makes it spike like crazy. Boo that.

I would have liked to have belly pictures for you, hopefully I get my computer back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Put the ring on a necklace and wear it. Then it's always with you, but isn't causing your finger grief.

    ReplyDelete