Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Year Ago Right Now...

A year ago right now I was surrounded by Asian nurses yelling at me to "push like bowel movement" as Eric and I were trying to experience the miracle of birth. My miracle was stuck until 3:37am (over 10 pounds of baby will sometimes do that) but he was worth every stitch he left behind. We love you Milo!

Yes I intend to give this speech every year on his birthday, perhaps just before he blows out the candles, until the day I die or he moves and changes his name.



You can read Milo's birth story and see more pictures here.

6 comments:

  1. "But he was worth every stitch he left behind."

    Cori never says or thinks her kids are "worth it".

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we discussed that you can use the same words but have a different meaning. Birth and a child's behavior are two different things, lets keep Milo's first birthday post positive ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your (big) little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First stop on Milo's 1st Birthday extravaganza? Cori's dr's appt. Second stop? Blueberry pancakes for the Milo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First stop on Milo's first birthday extravaganza??? Mommy's dr's appt. Second stop? Blueberry pancakes for the Milo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Milo! I laughed out loud over your asian nurses comment- gotta love Salinas!

    ReplyDelete