Friday, October 29, 2010

Baby II Week 18: Me VS My Cardiovascular System

As of today I'm 18 weeks, I got a little behind in my preggo posts, but now I'm caught up! I'll try to keep it that way.

I took a poll and everyone I talked to agrees that you count the number of official pregnancy pounds gained starting at your pre-pregnancy weight, so as of now I have gained 0 pounds. I like that number much better than 5!

Not much movement yet. I felt Milo at 18 weeks, and I have felt this little one a couple times over the last few weeks, but nothing consistent yet. I'm so excited to feel all that movement again, even the dreaded hiccups that became so annoying! It makes it all so real, like there's a real baby curled up in there!

I'm SO glad that I decided to start running more and doing fewer cardio classes! The classes are great, I love the music and the company, but I don't feel they put enough stress on my cardiovascular system. Even turbo kickboxing only has a few minutes where your heart really gets pumping. Even working out 4 days a week, I was really disappointed that my blood pressure was still high: 140's/90's the last 3 months. Though sculpted calves and arms with minimal squish are important to me, a healthy heart is at the top of my list. So, the last few weeks I've been running 2-3 miles 2-3 times a week, plus weights and maybe a class... and yesterday my blood pressure was 122/65! Much better! I think that my whole body just needs extra punishment to respond to my hard work. It's stubborn. I know that there are other explanations, but I'm going to tell myself it's the running and keep with it.


So, I told Eric I want to do a race. Today I technically ran a little longer than a 5k so I want to do a 5k. Of course because I'm the type of person who decides to do something, then must do it immediately, I wanted to do one in Seaside tomorrow. Eric said no, it was too expensive, so we are looking at races for that are on my birthday! There is a very good chance he will be working (he's taking a job that is 7days a week, 12 hour days!) so if anyone wants to do a 5k with me at the end of November, please let me know! I won't do it alone!

1 comment:

  1. I want to do it with you! But I still think it is better if you come here after baby #2 to run a race with me, because I have 2 double P&T strollers! Yay!

    ReplyDelete