Friday, September 10, 2010

Baby II, Week 10: Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater



Sorry about the late post, it's not my fault. In our attempts to save every penny we can, we accepted my father-in-law's offer to get us free Internet. It's supposed to be faster, but sometimes the connection decides to leave us for hours, sometimes a whole day at a time. Oh and it's totally not faster. So when I sit down to blog, and my computer is moving like it's 1999... I just give up. But hey, we're saving $19.95 a month!

Week 10 finds me about the same as week 9. I've lost a total of 5 pounds by keeping with my very healthy diet (honestly, no human should ever be this healthy) and my 5-7 hours of cardio a week. I'm getting enough calories, but when you cut out ALL added sugar and most carbs you a bound to lose a little flub. Did I start including my weight for this pregnancy? I don't remember, I now weigh 184 pounds. If you were thinking of taking me, don't, I'm heavier than I look!

I do have my weekly diet cheats though! My deal is that I get 1 fat free frozen yogurt and 1 Starbucks (nonfat grande pumpkin spice latte, decaf, 140, no foam, no whip) a week. Those are my cheats that get me through the week. The rest of the time I keep to whole wheat bread or brown rice for my carbs, eggs, chili and ground turkey for my protein, green veggies (lots of salad lately), and low sugar, high fiber fruits like apples, peaches, and apricots. I have a good groove going, I'm in it for the long haul.


I do believe I have found my official freaky deaky pregnancy craving. I have recently become a pumpkin fanatic. More than a fanatic... pumpkin should probably take out a restraining order on me and you all need to guard your gardens. I have never been a huge pumpkin fan. I usually passed on pumpkin pie, was never impressed with pumpkin lattes, and wasn't even fond of pumpkin scented candles (I had a few that were nearly new sitting in my cabinet, they were completely burned down this week). The other night I turned to Eric and confessed that I had actually just gotten turned on by the thought of pumpkin ice cream. Hey, at least I didn't ask for pumpkin ice cream and pickles! I really don't know what I can do with this craving. I only really know about pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread, maybe I should look up some less sugary dishes that include pumpkin, because someone is going to find me passed out in a pumpkin patch covered in pumpkin guts if I don't indulge this graving just a little!

Protect your pumpkins, that's all I have to say.

1 comment:

  1. That bowl of ice cream really does look delish! If you Google sugar free pumpkin cookies/bread/pie, etc. a ton of different recipes will come up. :)

    ReplyDelete