Thursday, June 24, 2010

Silent Treatment

So it's been nearly 3 months since I've posted. I've been... uninspired. We haven't been particularly busy, ok maybe a little, here's a quick recap of recent events.

My hippy hair experiment lasted about 5 weeks. There were good days and bad days... but mostly nappy dry hair hell, as you can see. I was recruited into the no shampoo lifestyle by Erin, and I quickly got our friend Amanda on board. We all suffered together for a while before giving in and let me tell you, that first time using conditioner after using only baking soda, vinegar, and honey for over a month was aaaaamazing. It was like eating a huge piece of chocolate cake after dieting for a really long time, only instead of eating the cake, I was smothering my hair with it. I now have a renewed appreciation for hair products, especially conditioner, aka cake for hair.

Eric was laid off at the beginning of May. This really wasn't a surprise, that's just the way things go in the construction business... sometimes there's work, sometimes there isn't. So since I have Eric here at home with me, we started working on our long neglected front and back yards. Eric got started on replacing our back patio (ripped out the concrete and dug down the foundation) and I started designing the flower beds in the front.



Before

In case you were wondering if cherry trees fit in mini vans... they totally do.

Flowers!

Who can tell me where the sprinkler system most likely broke under ground? Anyone? Here's a hint... look for the weird grass pleasure trail.

Milo is now 8 months old, almost 24 pounds and 28.5 inches tall. He hit a few milestones and now has the following skills:

Sitting up without assistance at 5 1/2 months. Angels sang when Milo achieved this skill, not because it was so remarkable, but because now we don't have to listen to him scream at the floor during tummy time. Milo loathes tummy time, but is a big fan of sitting up and playing quietly time.

Crawling starting at about 6 months. At first I was swiffering a lot more so Milo would have a clean crawl space, but then I got smart and just attached the swiffer pad to Milo.

Baby chompers were sprouted at 6 months and 11 days, on Mother's Day actually. Happy Mother's Day to me, I now get to breastfeed in fear.



Pulling up on various furniture began at 7 months and 1 week, and then it only took a few days for him to start cruising and pushing the ottoman around the room, using it as a kind of walker. I have a feeling walking is in our very near future.




I promise to be better about my blogging, I don't want to have to do another one of these big recaps!

2 comments:

  1. I remember when Jocelyn first pulled herself up and started cruising around. She was about 8 months old, and we were like, "Dude, she's going to be walking any minute!" Hehe. She took her first unassisted steps at 13 months and was finally walking around at like 15 months. Sam still can't even crawl the right way. He does the worm to get where he wants to go. I don't understand how his abs are not rock solid. ;)

    Anyway...Yay conditioner! Yay flowers! Yay grass happy trail (or not). Yay, MILO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably think the same thing, but Eric and both of my brothers walked at 8 months (I think one of my brothers walked at 9) and I tend to assume these things are genetic... but you know what they say about assuming so I don't know! But trust me, I am in no rush for Milo to enter toddlerhood!

    The worm... I love it!

    ReplyDelete