Thursday, October 8, 2009

Labor Playlist


So I've read an obscene number of birth stories on the baby forums I'm addicted to. Every so often I come across mommies that say how important it was for them to have a killer labor playlist to get lost in, so I thought, why not. Might as well. I might not need it and just want the constant, quiet encouragement from my husband... but I could also imagine it really helping once at the hospital, to block out the" Dios Mio!!!'s" and whatever else I'll hear echoing through the halls of labor & delivery at SVMH. Anyhow, as of now I kinda expect to get stuck on one song, because that's usually what I do. Right now, it's been Anberlin's "The Unwinding Cable Car" which oddly enough makes me think of labor, and perseverence, so it's at the top of my list :) Wickham's "Divine Romance" and Too Bad Eugene's "Charismata" are very close seconds.

I picked songs that I can always loose myself in, that take me to another place and time. Most of these songs have at one time or another been on loop on my iPod as I fall asleep... some of them got me through some shitty nights, and who knows, one of them might get me through another :)

This is a work in progress, looking for suggestions! Songs towards the top of the list are ones I think I will want most... but I added other songs that I may be craving just in case :)

Anberlin "The Unwiinding Cable Car"
Something Corporate "Watch The Sky"
Kate Walsh "Goldfish"
Blue October "Into The Ocean"
Too Bad Eugene "Charismata"
Phil Whickham "Divine Romance"
Huntingtons "Hooray For You"
Nickel Creek "When You Come Back Down"
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole "Over The Rainbow"
Teenage Bottlerocket "Anna's Song"
Paul Alan "Bring You Back"
Todd Agnew "Grace Like Rain"
AFI "Love Like Winter"
The Adorkables "Right Next to You"
Katy Perry "Thinking of You"
Something Corporate "Only Ashes"
Bound To Break "I'm Home"
Rufus Wainwright "Hallelujah"
James Taylor "Copperline"
Barlow Girl "Beautiful Ending"
Delirious? "Rain Down"
Decemberists "Crane Wife 3"
Lemuria "Hours"
Kate Walsh "Your Song"
Bayside "Devotion and Desire"
Thousand Foot Krutch "Forward Motion"
Smoking Popes "Valentine"
Huntingtons "Samantha Doesn't Want Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment