Tuesday, December 30, 2008

About My Body

So for years I have been big on the gym. I've been employed by two, and I feel like I know quite a bit about fitness (though you'd never know it by looking at me) and I really love working out, especially the group work outs at the Y. Since I joined there almost a year ago, I was going to 4-6, 1 hour long classes a week, sometimes doing two classes a day. The classes are addicting and I will go to as many as I can fit in.

Well the last few months I've barely been able to go. We've gone on a lot of vacations Sept to now, and we are hardcore working on the house, and I am also scrapbooking all of our (me and my brothers) baby pictures for my mom for Christmas. I've been SO busy. So I'm getting in... maybe an hour a week of cardio... which is bad... very bad.

I went to my baby doctor and he checked my blood pressure, he said it was high, but that it wasn't such a big deal. It was 140/90, which actually is Stage 1 Hypertension, Dr thought I must have been nervous. Then I went to Dr's on Duty a week later and it was 149/104... that's very bad! In August, I was 114/65... Good blood pressure is less that 120/80, so I was great! Sept was when I stopped working out. Also since we've been so busy, I haven't been cooking so we've been eating out, so I've been on a high sodium diet too. Seriously, I think it's disgusting how much I managed to mess up my body in only a few months!

Needless to say, I will be back in the gym Monday... getting in atleast 4 days a week (the min my Dr. said I need to do). High blood pressure is serious, every 20 points you go down you lengthen your life by 50%, according to my Dr. I go in next month to see how much I've affected it!

No comments:

Post a Comment