Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Liberation Part Two

Abstract:
This blog contains the events of Cori's first day in England. She includes descriptions of her interactions with the natives as well as a few complaints and more than enough awesome..

Awesome:

So english air.

No one cares about english air, I care about english beer. My first beer in england actually was not a Guinness. I know! Blasphemy! This morning with my first English pub breakfast of meat pie (I know, a pie, of meat! Weird!) and mashed potatoes and peas and cabbage and carrots (no messing around on this breakfast) I had a Strongbow. Appley awesomeness guys, appley awesomeness. I took pictures.

There's frost everywhere, it's gorgeous... and slippery. Seriously I have to get some pictures of the frost covered trees, oh and as it warmed up this morning icicles were falling from the trees, it was like it was raining just under the trees.

Complaint 1:

I wish my wife was here. I miss k=Kathy and wish I had brought her so we could go pick up some cute Brits together and dance all night until we pass out in the gutter in true English form. Bob isn't good at picking up boys, and quite honestly, I think that would creep out the whole experience. Sadly it's like 5pm and I'm beat to death, so this partying is only awesome in theory. In addition to that I've really only seen military boys, which are too common to be exciting.

Awesome cont.:

So I have one person on my friends list that I have never met, and that's Peters. After my pestering, Bob was kind enough to drive me out to his house which is in a neighborhood with a very different smell. Bob said it is a little like Bosnia there. Peters apparently is pretty illusive because he did not answer the door and he was not at work. There's still tomorrow.

The fog here puts Salinas to such serious shame. It seriously makes England it's bitch like nothing else. The heavy fog at dusk (which is like at 4pm) makes me feel like I'm about to be murdered or raped at any moment. No the rape doesn't sound exciting.

Complaint 2 and 3:

I miss my cell phone. I was really excited about the idea of texting Eric a picture of me and my first English Guinness and that feeling I was going to get when I'd know he was looking at it and was being jealous. Actually I was going to make it of me drinking it and walking, so he could be double jealous. I could be making out with Kristen Bell too but I think the despair would be too much for him. I also would like to complain about ruining of my perfect day yesterday. I had a brilliant time at the airports and on the planes. Sent some lovely texts to my friends and received some even lovelier. I even thought I received a nice one from Dallas, and reciprocated... but alas, I was wrong, he was being an extreme asshole as usual but I just didn't pick up on it. Fuck him and his indirection.

Awesomeness cont. and conclusion:

Tomorrow should rock, I have tons of awesomeness planned and I'm way excited. I believe ice skating is involved, you'll want to hear about it. Talk to you tomorrow? It's a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment